Friday, October 25, 2013

Life: End of One and Beginning Another

September 26th, 1937 - October 25th, 2013
 
Dorothy Jane Lingerfelt
 
Her life on Earth is finished but her life in Heaven has just begun!
No longer in pain, she is fully healed and rejoicing with Christ!
 
On her last breath, she was surrounded by her family members who all loved her immensely!
She will be missed greatly but we find comfort in knowing her resting place is in Heaven!
 
Her favorite color was Red and her favorite story to tell of me was, "Finally, Finally, Finally!"
She loved babies and would often say, "If he is choking, raise his arms over his head!" or "Don't take his breath!" when I would throw Blake in the air!
She lived a life of example. She never bad mouthed anyone and even if she had a hard time with someone, she always loved them. She spoke of God's love and His mercy, grace and Compassion.
Her favorite verse was "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
It is the verse I quoted when I heard the news. She would want us to rejoice!
 
I enjoyed her in my life for 23 years.
I will never forget her example of being a loving and faithful wife!
She will always be in my heart.
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. She was one of those ladies with a golden smile. It is so true that she was a positive and joy-filled person. I will carry sweet memories of being in her home and at the lake with her. She always treated me like another granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet sweet Grandma Dorthy. she was such a great influence in my life and will be treasured for ever. I praise God that she is no longer suffering but is rejoicing in victory beginning her eternity with our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete