Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dropping

 
I woke just enough to know I was low but wasn't fully conscious. I was "rolling around, tensing up, flailing my arms, and grasping" with my hands.... Joseph immediately sprung into action. He got me a juice and glucose gel. After both those sugary items, Joseph checked my level and it was up to 50mg/dl. ... I probably don't want to know what it had gotten down to!
 
Once the juices kicked in, I was more aware of things and could form my thoughts better. My sensor showed that I was still dropping... Rather than dealing with my low with more sugary items, Joseph grabbed the Glucagon shot. Let me tell you, this shot doesn't hurt when you're out of it, but when you're low and definitely feeling things but awake, then this sucker HURTS! I took an anti-nausea pill but it didn't combat the effects of the glucagon shot well enough. The toilet became my friend pretty quickly!  For the next few hours, I finally got my levels up but continued to drop. I was high enough though that I wasn't dropping to "low".
 
Mom came over to spend the day with me and help with my levels if I needed it and she took care of Blake.  I didn't have a full on seizure, but I was pretty close to it. All during the day, my muscles were so weak and I felt completely worn out. There was no specific reason for my levels to drop and especially that much.
 
I am so thankful to have a husband who is right by my side when I need him and for my Moma who came to help also!  Some people do not have that support and I thank God for allowing my family to be near and to help when needed!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Miga,
    I only wish I could be there with you on days like that, supporting you just like your Moma!!
    I too am very grateful that you met Joseph. What an awesome man he is to step up and take such good care of you and love you through good and bad. Thanks for sharing this on your blog.
    Love, Kara

    ReplyDelete