This is the very first post I ever wrote, following our wedding:
Joseph and I have been married for 3 weeks and 4 days.
Things that have happened so far:
Joseph has had 4 days of work off.
We both have had crazy conflicting schedules.
Living on a street next to a gas station is really noisy at 8am, 3pm, and 11pm.The neighbors have no clue how to park their cars on the street!
No internet or cable is nice but can be annoying when you have to drive (1mile away) to the library to do things!
Thank you notes for the wedding takes a long time to write and send!
Shopping is super fun!
The apartment is super dusty... But who has time to dust when you gotta work?!
Gotta choose: Clean the house and call someone to cover my shift, or leave the house dirty and go to work!
Making dinner for 2 is wierd!
When exhausted from working long days, take a nap from 430pm-8pm and then got to bed and sleep till 9am the next day! It doesn't matter if things don't get done right away!
Having my own clean bathroom is amazing!!
Not seeing my parents everyday is wierd
The bathtub is a wonderful washer, but the shower curtain rod isn't a great dryer! =)
Living together is awesome
Laughing together over small things is wonderful
I'd never change a thing!
Ryan was right when he said, "Getting Married: It's like driving a car. Once you have your own car and go where you want when you want, you will never go without one! I bet you will never move back in with mom and dad again will you?!"
Opening wedding gifts took a long time, but it was fun,!
That ^ is the "before" list. The following is the current list:
Joseph and I have now been married for 3 years
Joseph has been working quite a bit of overtime over the last few months.
He might have a crazy schedule sometimes, but we always have time together!.
We no longer live on a street next to a gas station but our neighbors can still be noisy at midnight!
The neighbors STILL have no clue how to park their cars on the street and it still drives me insane on a daily basis!!
The neighbors STILL have no clue how to park their cars on the street and it still drives me insane on a daily basis!!
Having internet is AWESOME and it is definitely a privilege!
Blogging about our life can be time consuming, but I'm very glad I keep (mostly) up to date!!
Shopping is enjoyable as long as we are together. It's the bill that isn't fun!
The apartment is super dusty... But who has time to dust when you gotta work get to hang out with a 2 yr old all day!?!
Gotta choose: Clean the house and call someone to cover my shift, have Blake mess it up when he wakes from his nap or leave the house dirty and go to work until 30 minutes before Joseph comes home!!
Making dinner for 2 is wierd, but I think I've mastered making dinner for 3 =D
When exhausted from working long days, take a nap from 430pm-8pm and then got to bed and sleep till 9am the next day! work through it. 8pm is close enough to hold out... then wake up with Blake kisses at 8:15am. If I'm still tired? Take a nap when Blake takes his!
Having my own clean bathroom is STILL amazing!!
Not seeing my parents everyday is weird normal.
Living together is STILL awesome!
Laughing together over small things is still wonderful!
I'D NEVER CHANGE A THING!!!
Ryan was SO DEFINITELY CORRECT when he said, "Getting Married: It's like driving a car. Once you have your own car and go where you want when you want, you will never go without one! I bet you will never move back in with mom and dad again will you?!"
Well, there are some situations
where living with mom and dad
might be a necessity,
but never without my man (unless he is working)!
where living with mom and dad
might be a necessity,
but never without my man (unless he is working)!
Being married to each other is one of the very best decisions we've ever made.
We are so blessed by God!!!
I couldn't ask for a better husband.
I don't know enough vocabulary to express how awesome he is!! =)
I could never imagine life being like this. It's so better than all my teenage dreams!
Happy doesn't describe my life.
Totally fulfilled and amazing Joy is more like it!
We are so blessed by God!!!
I couldn't ask for a better husband.
I don't know enough vocabulary to express how awesome he is!! =)
I could never imagine life being like this. It's so better than all my teenage dreams!
Happy doesn't describe my life.
Totally fulfilled and amazing Joy is more like it!
Here's to the next { 3 years x Infinity } !
<3 lmlr watia
Loved this!!! It's awesome you guys have been married for three years! And I can totally agree with most of these things! (I say most since we don't have lovely kiddos yet!! YET! :)) -Jordyn
ReplyDelete