Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Worst and Best

It's hard to believe that Joseph and I are celebrating our 4th wedding today. Time has flown by and at the same time, we've always been together. Our time together has been the best time of my life. Joseph is my very best friend, confidant, and above all, a very loving, considerate, supportive, and faithful husband. I couldn't have found a better man to marry and I'm positive God sent me the "perfect" husband... within the proper context, of course =)

The last 4 years have held countless memories and wonderful moments, but within those beautiful times were also the very worst experiences of my life. You know the difficulties I have dealt with, with my pregnancies (nearly killing me), my ever present foot/leg pain, back pain, and other maladies. More than half the time I've been married has been spent in (completely unrelated to children) exhaustion, migraines, nightmares and nausea just to name a few. Joseph has been to the doctor or the E.R. more times over with me than ever before in his life. Through all my pain and sickness Joseph has been faithful to help me, hold me up (literally and figuratively), and encourage me. He sits with me unable to do a thing to help. But he always is with me.

God provided me the best mate to help in all my circumstances. I know so many women who don't have the support or sympathy of their husbands and I realize I have been immensely blessed! The hard times we have endured have only served to bring us closer together.
I'm hoping that 2016 will bring less physical pain than the previous 4 years.
I look forward to experiencing our 5th year as we continue to love and laugh together while continually finding special moments to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment