Friday, May 27, 2022

Hike to Rainbow Bridge

Ashley, Ivory, all the kids and I went on a hike to Rainbow Bridge.  I thought the hike was one mile there and one back for a total of two miles.... but I was wrong. The hike ended up being 4.5 miles! Yikes. None of us were prepared for that! I suppose we could be thankful for the flat ground, but walking on tracks is no walk in the park! Blake and Blaire did well and their challenge was holding backpacks of food and drinks since we planned a picnic at the bridge. Ivory packed both babies, one on front and one on back. On the walk back, I carried Timothy to help ease her back load. Wiggling babies is no easy feat! Aiden got to walk on the tracks a little bit, but we had to keep a very close hand to him because of the proximity of the river and sharp drop off the side of the tracks. He didn't get that opportunity for very long!
It was a beautiful day to walk with a slight breeze to cool us down!






Blaire matched the tracks!



Timothy had fallen asleep while we walked and was woken to be laid on a jacket on the ground to have lunch! Not sure he was a fan of that move!!





Blaire helped Aiden to step over the tracks. She fairly dropped him and helped him up again with a stronger grip around his belly!















No comments:

Post a Comment