I jammed mostly on my own, then my friend joined me for one evening's batch. Both our husbands were out of town so we took advantage of the time and canned late in the evening.
All the canning went well, but then a majoroity wouldn't set. I suppose I overcooked the sugar! I ended up recanning the batches that failed later on. They sure look pretty lined up on my table!
The final jar, literally the absolute last jar to be filled, broke at the bottom and I don't know why it did!
It was a giant sticky mess all over the counter, stove, between the stove and under and even on to the floor toward the middle of the kitchen! Wildness. I don't recommend putting off cleaning this type of mess. I waited til the following day since it broke around midnight and it was quite difficult to get the sticky all up!
Then! Of course Joseph was gone for the weekend. My dishwasher started leaking so I had to put this dishwasher hose (white) into the sink since I couldn't shut it off without turning off all the house water! I had to tape it crazily to the faucet and it drained for 3 days until Joseph came home to help me! We've had quite the summer of water issues and this is just one more! It took him quite some time to get it all figured out, but it is finally fixed!
No comments:
Post a Comment