The Cherry Festival in Emmett has absolutely nothing to do with Cherries.... But we didn't find that out until we went! Mom, Ashley, and I packed up all 4 kiddos and headed down to Emmett. It's about a two hour drive to get there. We started with a nice lunch at the local cemetery and then headed into town. There were lots of booths and faire-like activities; rides and a petting zoo. It was a nice day, a little hot, but overall a good day to go down there. We finished the day with dinner at a mexican restaurant.
We bought cotton candy, a wooden sword, and a fancy fan. There were no cherries to be found!
We look a little wrecked!
Craziness in the truck.. Every seat was filled!
Blaire was excited to wear my old cherry dress.
Blake decided to take a ton of pictures of this tank so he could draw it later!
Timmy was under my charge for the day and sat with me at dinner. I found out he likes to give high-5's! I haven't had much interaction with him so recently I decided it was time we did! He will warm to me eventually! I told him (if he could talk much more) that he can call me "Auntie Airplane" because so far, I've taken him to see airplanes and out for icecream =) I think it's fun to see the personality differences between the boys. Timmy is a laid back, cool fella.

This reminds me of our Nation Vacation. Our first, or nearly first attraction was visiting a cemetery!!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, probably in Winnemucca when we had to get a tire replacement for the trailer!
DeleteHaha!!
Delete