Typically I don't comment too much about my husband on facebook (when I had it), instagram, or anywhere online. I don't want to make people think I'm trying to make things look better than they are. When I see posts on FB, I usually see them in the light of the couple which had a fight and are trying to convince themselves what a great spouse they have... yeah. I see it in a negative light. This is not written in a negative light or following any type of disagreement or fight. This is just plain and simple, I LOVE MY HUSBAND! So I'm gonna say just how they are.
Joseph and I have gotten along very very well since the very beginning of our relationship, nearly 6 years ago. We have had our share of disagreements and I think we tend to disagree fairly well. Like everyone else, we have had our share of petty annoyances, fights, and the big fights we can not ignore. What I see (so far) that is unlike most people is that we don't dwell on our issues and make them into mountains. We keep our issues very quiet and between ourselves. We have had times/issues where we have had to seek outside advice from an awesome Christian couple. All in all, God is helping us with our marriage. By not dwelling on issues, and forgiving & forgetting, we can confidently say that marriage is fairly easy. Even though it does take working on things, that doesn't make it bad or hard! According to Joseph, "Marriage is like a job that you love. You still have to work at it, but you enjoy it." For example, the job of photography: you love taking the photos, being a part of the special event etc, but at the end of the day, you still have to go in, delete the bad photos, and edit some of the good ones.
::Now to the point of this post::
I have an awesome husband!
If you know me at all, you know that I can easily get hot headed about things I don't agree with. Joseph is always so patient with me and helps me to understand the other side, often playing 'devils advocate' where we debate a little. He doesn't let me get out of hand =). Joseph is always there for me when I need him most. During this especially difficult time in our life (our pregnancy adventures) Joseph has been so so very helpful. I know he doesn't like to do all that he does, but he does it with a pretty good attitude (most of the time =)) During our 3 years of marriage, he has woken up multiple times a night (a majority of the nights and not just during pregnancy) to a wife in immense pain. He takes the time to get me meds, ice packs, heat packs, and takes the time to massage my throbbing back, leg, or foot. Even if he has only 2 hours of sleep a night, he is there for me when I'm unable to do things on my own. When I'm in tons of pain, he stays right with me doing all he can. When I can't stand (literally on my own two feet) to do dishes or make dinner, he is there to do them. The other day he surprised me by mopping the kitchen floor! He helps in so many ways that I can't even remember enough examples! He is supportive in all that I desire to do or become. He is encouraging when I doubt the situations. He is always respectful to me, compassionate and calm in every situation. He is considerate, gentle, level headed, not a complainer, and is Never-Ever demanding or harsh.
He is a great Dad to Blake and I know he will be just as fantastic with baby B. When Blake was a baby, he recognized all I did during the day and decided right off to take over the nighttime feedings. He quickly took the post as the one who got out of bed to check on the crying baby (when we actually had a crying baby, it was pretty rare). It wasn't something I had to ask because he did it voluntarily!
I so appreciate all that he does for me and Blake.
I so appreciate all that he does for me and Blake.
Being human we will always fail at one thing or another in life. In this marriage we are here to help each other. I love the aspect of marriage that is supporting each other and learning how things work when we're side by side. I so enjoy being married to Joseph. I can say that, but there are no words to the actual depth of that phrase! He is everything and more than I ever asked God for. He could be a little more romantic, but I know that level is really just in my novels, that isn't real life for anyone! =)
So now, when I say that I love being married and that I consider marriage to be fairly easy, you will know the reality.
We go through things just like everyone else.
But the hard times don't define our relationship.
It's the loving, caring, and tender times that do.
So now, when I say that I love being married and that I consider marriage to be fairly easy, you will know the reality.
We go through things just like everyone else.
But the hard times don't define our relationship.
It's the loving, caring, and tender times that do.
No comments:
Post a Comment