We took a special trip down to Boise area to do some potato harvesting. The fields had already been cleared mostly out, but we were able to take a tractor ride out among the rows then fill our bags and buckets with whatever potatoes we could find! We didn't have rakes or shovels so we had to search by hand and found many many small 'tatoes but not many large ones. These were perfect for roasts and tiny baked potatoes!
Blaire was strong enough to drag her bag of potatoes behind her!I ended up going very low very quickly and spent the time sitting on my butt waiting for the soda to kick in. Next year I'll go more prepared!
I took the kids down to the Boise History Museum. We spent a good 3 hours there and got through just about everything! The kids both loved the "Boom Town" exhibit where they could pretend they were mining and riding a train. The whistle of the train and the booms of explosives were quite loud and scared them both at first!
They got to play a trivia game about Idaho agriculture. Then they found "Something really old! Come see!" The Oregon Trail! Now I want to have them play it at home, but can't quite figure out how to get the game as it was when I was a kid!
We had visited this house by chance last summer when we visited Joseph in Pierce, Idaho, where he was doing some Guard work.
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
.jpeg)
No comments:
Post a Comment