Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's About Time!

Joseph hasn't cut his hair since a month before our wedding. He has been telling me I need to cut his hair. I like his hair on the longer side but even I think it is too long now!

Sunday, I said, "We can cut your hair today"
Monday, I said, "We can cut your hair tomorrow after I babysit!"
Wednesday, when we woke up, I said, "Okay, today we will cut your hair!"
Thursday night, before bed, I said, "Alright. Tomorrow after work, we will cut your hair!"
Friday, Joseph said, "Okay. We are cutting my hair NOW, before we go to small group!"

We put our little wooden chair in the middle of our tiny kitchen and I grabbed the scissors. I have never cut hair with scissors and Joseph was a little nervous. I told him that if I messed it up too bad, then we could always do a buzz cut... It's not that bad, right?!

Joseph started to change his mind about me cutting his hair, but when I took the first snip, he was stuck!
Everything was going fine and I wasn't worried about anything so after a few minutes I stepped back and said, "oh... um.... nevermind" and Joseph was clearly worried! So I laughed and told him I was "kidding, I think!" Then after another few minutes, I said, "Oops!" when I finished another cut. I could feel his nervousness without even touching him!
I finished after a half hour and stepped back and made sure everything was even.
Looked pretty good to me!
Joseph showered and got ready to go and I asked him, "So, what do you think?!"
He said, "I don't know. I haven't looked yet!"
When he finally got the nerve to look, he said it didn't look too bad... So that means I get to cut it next time too!
The only thing I forgot to do was to clean up his neck, which is what I just did, a day later!

No comments:

Post a Comment