Sunday, March 11, 2012

You're Late For A Very Important....Work Day

Day Light Savings Time!!
Whooh!... Not....
I don't know about you guys, but I hate this changing the time thingy. I'm always confused (cuz i'm blonde) and can't figure out the time thing, until the next morning, and even then, I'm still confused! "It just a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff!" -DoctorWho... Now that explains why I can't figure it out !! Okay, anyway.

So last night, Joseph and I were talking about changing the time and he said the phones will do it automatically.. OH...So I've noticed that my insulin pump, my BG meter and the clock downstairs all have differences of hours and dates... The pump was an hour and change off with a day ahead... The BG meter is like...30 mins off. and the clock downstairs has the correct time, somehow, but the date is 4 days off... HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN WHEN THEY USED TO BE SET CORRECTLY!!!?????
Okay, anyways... So the cell phones change time automatically so Joseph said waking up would be fine for him to go to work.... =)
So here I am, snoozin' away and having a funky dream and then I woke up, thankfully! I looked at my pump (which has been fixed) and it said 5:12. I thought to myself... "If my pump says 5:12 and I've not changed it, then that means it is really 6:12 am.... Joseph is still sleeping next to me...." So I quietly said his name and his eyes flew open and he jumped over me to get to his cell phone on the nightstand and I asked if he was late. He looked at the time 6:12 and said, No. Then he got back on his side of the bed and I asked him, "Don't you work in fifteen minutes?" To that, he flew back across the bed to look at the time, which he now was awake enough to realize he was Very late! So in his mad dash to grab his phone and get ready, he knocked over a nearly full mug of water alllll over the nightstand. He said, ''SHIT!'' and ran to get a towel. While frantically trying to wipe up all the water, I told him that I would do it and off he ran like a chicken with it's head cut off!
He ended up getting to work on time, barely.
A few days ago, some people at work were teasing him cuz in October, when the time changed, he was an hour early to his shift. Now, if he tells anyone, they will tease him some more =D

No comments:

Post a Comment