Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First Trip to the Hospital

1am:
I woke up with a horrible pain in my left arm. It felt like something was tied around the top of my arm to cut off the circulation. My first thought was that it was my left arm and that's no bueno! Mom and dad had been at Ryan and Dora's house for a few days so I decided to call her. She didn't answer her cell phone. I figured Ryan was working so I called his phone. It turns out, everyone was at home, stil wide awake and having a good ole time!So, anyway... I told Ryan what I was experiencing and he told me I probably fell asleep on my arm and made my arm fall asleep. Ryan and dad gave me instructions to do arm circles and exercise my arm. Move it as much as I could, "go lift a gallon of milk". My pain got worse and worse. I finally laid back down and Joseph did his best to massage my arm to relieve the pain.
3am:
The pain was not getting any better. If anything, it was getting worse! So Joseph decided to take me to the ER. We were there by 3:20 and were home by 3:50.
I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder and the pain travels all the way down to my fingertips, so my arm was wrapped in a splint for a few days.
The pain has since subsided for the most part but when it does start to get to me, I just wrap my arm up for a little while and that helps!

1 comment: