As you know, Joseph and I didn't go on a honeymoon. Joseph had to work the monday after our wedding, but we didn't mind at all. My 'aunt' Diana was so thoughtful of Joseph and I. She emailed me in April letting me know that she had won a voucher/ticket thingy for a one night stay at Applewood Inn in Guerneville, CA. This one night stay included a voucher for a massage and paid for up to $50 for dinner at the Applewood Restaurant. We drove to Guerneville on wednesday, the 24th of May. Since we had arrived an hour before our expected check-in time, we continued on the road we were driving. Bodega Bay was about 20 minutes from where we were staying so we drove almost the whole way there. We stopped at a beach so I could take some pictures. It was extremely windy and I had to convince Joseph that a "windy adventure" to the edge of the water would be fun!! ... It was fun for me... He just tolerated the sand blowing in his face, while I kind of enjoyed it! =) It was sooo windy and I had my hair down, so by the time (grand total of 5-8 minutes out in the wind) we got back to my mexican-mobile, my hair was in knots!!! Go figure I had forgotten to bring hair ties with me on this trip!!! We drove back to the Inn and checked in. A half hour later, we were at the spa getting hour massages!! OH YES! I had definitely been looking forward to this, especially since my back was killing me from our 2+ hour drive there! I enjoyed my massage and Joseph slightly enjoyed his but he fell asleep for a little while! haha! Before dinner, we drove around the little town and tried to find an entrance to the Russian River but after an hour of searching (without asking for help) we gave up and went back to the inn for dinner... Dinner was pretty interesting.... There wasn't enough on the plate to feed a baby bird! Especially with my appetite these days! We were under dressed for this fancy-ish restaurant! That was kind of awkward =) My back got sore from sitting for an hour at dinner so we got dessert to-go. We had the voucher for dinner that was for $50. Anything over $50 we had to pay. Our dinner total was $49.58! We left our very accommodating waiter a $20 tip. We figured since we didn’t have to pay for the room or dinner, we might as well be nice to the waiter! Back in our room, I attacked the lemon-y dessert! I didn’t like the crust of whatever it was, but the lemon filling was super yummy… It wasn’t till the last lick of my sticky yellow fingers that I remembered Joseph sitting next to me! Thankfully he didn’t want any so I didn’t feel too bad for diving right in!We left on Thursday morning before noon and drove the coast to Bodega Bay, bought taffy at the taffy shop and then drove toward home. When we came to Fairfield, I had a memory of test driving cars with Ryan a few years ago. I asked Joseph and he said he had never test driven a new car. I suggested that we test drive just for the heck of it! The salesman we spoke with didn’t have a clue about any of the vehicles we asked about and thought I was crazy for asking to drive a manual tranny! My mom has always told us kids, “When you learn to drive, do not ever go and test drive new cars. You will not be happy with the (junker/old) car you are currently driving. You will desire to have a new vehicle and not be content.” Well… I didn’t listen to her but I did find out that I LOVE MY MEXICAN-MOBILE!!!! I have so much more power than the new vehicles I drove and my little truck may look stupid but it’s comfy and I love it more than ever!!!!!!!!! We spent the rest of our afternoon and evening with my parents before going home. All in all, it wasn't a great adventure but it was nice to do something new. Joseph says, "It wasn't much of a honeymoon so we will save the 'honeymoon' for a different trip!"
No comments:
Post a Comment