Monday, June 25, 2012

Let's Start the Sensor.....



At my last endo appointment, the Dr. wanted me to start wearing my sensor again. The sensor checks my levels every 5 minutes and shows a graph on my pump of what my levels are doing all day long. It is another cannula under my skin and it is a very painful shot. I hate doing it but I guess I have to. So... I looked and looked and looked and could not find my sensor... It should have been in my diabetes box but I didn't see it. I looked all over my mini casa for days and couldn't find it! Well, I finally had the idea to look in my little box full of batteries and voila! There it was! Why it was in the battery box buried on the bottom? I have no clue! And why there are syrenges in the box? Who knows..








Anyway, the Dr. wants me to use the sensor to make sure I can see if I might go low or high and catch those lows or highs before they happen. The first day or two, my sensor was continually 50 points higher than my actual number... I know this because the sensor would say I was at 180 and when I would check my level with my regular meter, it would read 130 or even lower.... So, so far, the sensor isn't going to give the Dr. what she expects. I don't think this Dr. realizes that the sensor is not for checking the levels and catching highs and lows, but really, is for seeing patterns. If the sensor runs at a constant 50 points higher and is a parallel line to my actual levels, you can still see the patterns of the sugar levels... My next appointment will be interesting to see how the Dr. reacts to the sensor not working properly...



My picture won't flip =(

No comments:

Post a Comment