I had planned a surprise party
for Ivory’s 18th birthday which is coming up pretty quick! We were
supposed to go to Lake Solano Park but they closed early. We drove farther on
and stopped at the Rotary Park in downtown Winters. It was a surprise to Ivory
and we had cake that I made. I had never made a cake that actually needed some
decorating so this was my first experiment. I am in NO WAY fantastic at this
but I thought it looked good enough! Haha I made the frosting from my mom’s
recipe. We had fun-fetti cake with chocolate almond(flavored)frosting. It was a
hot day, but what else would you expect out of a California August?!
We tried to light her 18 candles but there was a breeze that kept fighting us... Finally, we just lit a match and let her blow that out! =D
This was her first time cutting a cake. We told her she was practicing for her wedding!
I am not traditional... Blake gets to eat cake and taste icecream before his first birthday!
It was a good surprise! You did an awesome job at making and decorating the cake! It was yummy! Ivory had never cut a cake before, but she actually did it very artistically! I never saw a cut cake as pretty as that one!
ReplyDelete