Wednesday morning (10am) I woke with a headache and throughout the morning, I was extremely tired. I usually am tired but this was more than I've felt in a while. Instead of sleeping I worked in my home. Chad and Ivory were over and we made a late breakfast together. After that, I laid on my bed and tried to sleep... Then, I must have dreamed about a calendar because I jumped up when I remembered my eye appointment at 1:30pm. It was currently 12:35pm and I hadn't gotten ready for the day yet! I ran around like a crazy chicken, gathering Blake's items and I shoved him off onto Chad for babysitting! I took the quickest shower ever and by 1pm, I was in my car and driving to fairfield.
As usual, my eyes were dilated. That sure didn't help my headache! By 5pm, I had driven back to Vacaville, picked up Joseph, drove back to Fairfield, picked out new glasses and drove to mi padres casa. I was exhausted and my head was throbbing and I had gotten nauseated. I was having flashbacks of November! Joseph, the wonderful husband that he is, took the time away from his games and rubbed my neck and head for a while. My headache had spread to the front of my head to my entire head feeling like it was going to explode. I was running on the low side, 75-90. I had been drinking some juice to correct but that made me more nauseated. All of a sudden, while Joseph was checking my level again, I threw up all the sugar I had just taken in. It was all over the place. My pants. My hair. Ivory's pillow. Dad's carpet and wood flooring. Joseph reached for the Red Shot with the expectation that I was going to plummet. I stopped him and had him call an ambulance instead. I would rather have the dextrose IV than the Glucagon... Glucagon makes me extremely nauseated and didn't feel like going through that again. Joseph held me while I cried (reaction of throwing up and dealing with these issues again).The ambulance and firetrucks arrived. My blood sugar was 76 and my blood pressure was 141/101. Yet again, I'm remembering November all too well. I checked my levels a few times and I was stable, with being disconnected from the pump, so we let the EMT's and everyone go. We decided to drive ourselves to the hospital... I was so weak, Joseph had to carry me to the car and by then, I was feeling even worse than before. I didn't think I could make it to the hospital with Joseph driving me and then having to wait to be admitted. My head was killing me and I was afraid of dropping too low. BG still at 75 and disconnected. We called the ambulance back after 5 minutes. I was admitted and given antinausea and headache meds. My blood pressure in the hospital was below 135/90 the entire time. A wave of medication washed over me and it knocked me out. I was woken around 9:45pm and my headache was gone. I was high as a kite but pain free! ... Thinking back now, the meds they gave me even killed my back pain... hmmm... I might need to look into that... ... So anyway. They let me go. I came home. Joseph ran a bath for me and when I got in, I fell asleep! Joseph came and helped me to bed and I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.
It is now Thursday morning.. I'm wiped out and a little weak but Thank You God! I am pain free! Oh... and at the hospital, I never dropped below 70... when I got home, I was at 150 ...!! No Lows!!!!
I remember seeing you the next day.... doing to much!! Happy you were okay!
ReplyDelete