I was recently able to buy a wreath for my newly painted front door! I thought it looked fantastic. Since we're remodelling, it's fitting that Something should look a little decent for Christmas!
I'm sure people are wondering what's wrong with us; starting a remodel in winter!
We went hunting for a tree and the snow was a bit deep. The kids got tuckered out pretty quick!
Joseph decided after a couple years of chopping down a tree, now it's time to just cut it!
All the trees in this particular field were Tamarack Trees. A couple years ago Chad got a Tamarack Tree on accident and within a matter of days, the tree in their house turned yellow and died! So much for a beautiful Christmas tree! We learned then that it's important to spot the Tamarack trees before they're well covered with snow.... we just didn't seem to check out this field before winter!
On the hike back to the truck through knee deep snow, Blake fell from his tiredness and wondered if he could just stay there! He was quite relieved when we finally approached the plowed road!
We went down by the Fishing Bridge and Daddy found a nice tree for us. The kids wanted to carry the tree, so they each took and end and off they hiked, over the bridge, across the snowy lot to the truck!
It's Dad's job to put on the lights. The kids outvoted mom for colored lights!
Each year the kids take turns putting on the bell. We don't have an angel or a star topper, but a bell from where Joseph and I first met near Christmas in 2008. The kids are always excited to put the bell on, but once Dad has them on his shoulders, they aren't so sure about it anymore!
I love the sweet traditions your family has for Christmas
ReplyDeleteHullo! You know who I am ! LOL
ReplyDeleteI love all your Christmas traditions. Especially the bell!! So special!!